Sunday, October 21, 2007

Snuggling with Organic Cotton

This weekend was one of the most exciting weekends for me. I Finally moved into a one bedroom apartment on Saturday. Good-bye $300 electric bills! When I began decorating my bedroom I went to Target to buy new apartment items and found Organic bed sheets. Although they are a bit more expensive than regular cotton sheets, I found myself trapped in my bed with my sheets wrapped around me. They are extremely soft.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Buying organic is an easy way to help be earth-friendly. It may not always be the cheaper way for the wallet, it is the way to go for the environment.
When consumers support organic farmers they are supporting the land as well. According to Organic Trade Association, "organic farming can help reduce ground and surface water contamination, and can safeguard drinking water supplies."

The 100% Organic sheets sold at Target are made in an Institute for Marketecology (IMO) certified facility. IMO assures eco-friendly products by inspection and certification.

When cotton is grown it is sprayed approximately 40 times with pesticides whereas organic cotton does not have any synthetic produced pesticides used on them, according to ECOchoices. Another important detail is that organic sheets use dyes that are non-toxic and eco-friendly.

By choosing organic products consumers are reducing the exposure of chemicals they may end up in the air, food or water.

Next time you have to buy new sheets think about going organic. Its human and eco-friendly, the way things should be.

1 comment:

Stffny said...

Yum! I want organic cotton sheets! Maybe I'll just come cuddle up with you. Either way, great article! :) My favorite by far.