Sunday, November 11, 2007

Taking the Trash Out

No matter how much I try to eliminate my waste at my house I seem to throw things out way to often. Over this semester though I have become more passionate about trying to live eco-friendly and find myself at Wild Oats looking for products that are environmentally safe. Luckily this helps me with my blog.

Well this week I found myself browsing Target, another place that I find myself at when I am bored, I found recycled plastic trash bags by GLAD. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The bags are made out of 65 percent recycled plastic, which helps conserve natural resources. Not only does GLAD have the 65 percent recycled trash bags, but they also have a GLAD BlueBag. These bags allow people to put all their recyclables into one bag and not worry about sorting it all through.
According to GLAD some of the benefits are:
  • Materials don't blow away or fall out
  • Easy to close
  • No need to retrieve from curb after pick up
  • Available in Drawstring and Quick-Tie
For more information about these bags and if your local garbage company allows this service visit Tucson Recycles or Waste Management .

BioBag is another garbage bag that is environmental friendly. BioBag is both 100 percent biodegradable and compostable. When using a composting system, BioBags will decompose within 10-45 days, and also doesn't leave any harmful residues behind, according to their website.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
BioBags are made from Mater-Bi a product that uses cornstarch, vegetable oil and other renewable resources.

"Mater-Bi retain their properties while in use, then when disposed of into an environment containing bacteria, biodegrade to carbon dioxide, water and organic humus with no polymeric or toxic residue," according to Plastral .
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
When I bought BioBags I didn't realize how eco-friendly the bags were. They work really well and I am glad a I found the bags. Its one more product I can use in my house to become just a little more greener in my life.

No comments: